Honey has always been a sweet taste to our tongues and we simply love to have it. Here are a few more uses of honey:
1. Honey is a natural antiseptic. It can be applied on wounds and they will heal in no time. This is because honey has hydrogen peroxide in it, which is a good antiseptic substance. When the glucose molecules of honey come in contact with body moisture, they facilitate the release of Hydrogen peroxide.
2. Since honey is a good source of anti-oxidants, taking one spoon of honey everyday with warm water will greatly reduce the risk of cancer as well as heart diseases.
3. Honey, when taken with mild water, easily diffuses into the bloodstream and it proves to be quite useful for the brain, which is the largest consumer of glucose. This reduces fatigue.
4. Being primarily made up of glucose, honey provides a good amount of energy in the process of blood formation, thus allowing easier formation of more blood. Moreover, it facilitates easy flow of blood and thus prevents capillary problems.
5. Honey has bactericidal (bacteria-killing) properties too. This effect (known as the inhibition effect) becomes twice more active when honey is diluted with warm water.
6. Once again, the energy providing ability of honey allows it to release various nutritional substances that reduce problems caused by tissue deficiency or body frailty.
7. Honey mixed with some carrot juice, taken every morning, will help improve and maintain eyesight.
8. When mixed and consumed with a bowl of oat porridge, honey acts as a soothing nerve calming ingredient. It is ideal for people who are always tense and nervous about things.
9. Taking one tea-spoonful of honey daily will certainly boost the immune system.
10. Honey can be used as a natural moisturizer as well as applied on the skin as a natural revitalizing mask.
Honey is useful for the skin diseases. It can be applied externally for wounds, sores, and burns. It is also believed to minimize disfiguring scar.
As it contains sugars which are quickly absorbed by our digestive system and converted into energy, this can be used as instant energizer.
Precautions to be taken before using honey:
a.. Honey should not be mixed with hot foods.
b.. Honey should not be heated.
c.. Honey should not be consumed when you are working in hot environment where you
are exposed to more heat.
d.. Honey should never be mixed with rain water, hot and spicy foods, and fermented beverages like whisky, rum, brandy etc, ghee and mustard.
e.. Honey includes nectar of various flowers of which some may be poisonous. Poison has hot or Ushna qualities. When honey is mixed with hot and spicy foods the poisonous properties get enhanced and cause imbalance of doshas.