Healthy feet indicate the health of a person and their attitude towards health. Here are some simple, doable tips to prevent or heal cracked heels.
- Soaking feet in warm water or medicated water, daily for about 20 minutes. Then, using a pumice stone to get rid of dead skin.
- Make a pulp of a papaya or ripe banana. Mix it with honey and, ghee or bee wax and apply it on affected heel and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it carefully and dry well.
- Melt good quality of bee wax; add some coconut oil or sesame oil or mustard oil to which neem leaf juice and turmeric could be added. Wear cotton socks after applying this cream.
- The next morning the feet should be washed well using warm water and gentle soap.
- Wear clean socks and shoes with no back [heels open] to prevent fissures in winter.
- Ayurveda recommends oil massage daily especially to feet, head and ears to prevent aging, ensure sound sleep and keep sense organs in perfect condition. Feet massage using herbal oils has been advocated to keep feet in perfect condition.
- Specific yoga asanas, like saravangasana, halasana, and trikonasana that enhance circulation to feet, are highly beneficial in prevention and cure of heel fissures. Nadishudhi or simple pranayama practiced regularly improves peripheral blood circulation and improves feet health.
- Washing feet after a walk or after returning home helps keep the feet cleansed and healthy.